I think it is important to add a little more taste to this blog other than the Math Strategies (A-Math and E-Math) that I have been posting on.
I decide to write more about me as a result of a MSN conversation (Oh yes, I do MSN) with one of my previous students. She is someone whom I taught when I was in a learning centre. Here's part of the conversation
B : "So what are you doing now?"
Me: " You can read more here www.singaporeolevelmaths.com"
B: wow! you still teaching Math. Is it really that fun to teach Math?
To many, Math is perhaps a subject just to pass and get through.
To me, teaching and Coaching Math taught me lessons way beyond the formulas, step by step solutions, diagrams, complicated - hard to make sense topics ...
To be honest, I am not that of Math Olympiad type though I did take part in this sort of competitions when I was younger. Those sort of questions can really make you sweat literally.
I do not read Math journals, I do not have a PhD in Math either, I do not walk around memorizing formulas... so what exactly do I do?
- stay in Singapore now ( Singapore is not China as many of my overseas friends thought)
- watch movies
- read books (usually self improvement books)
- read gossip/fashion magazines
- run around the neighbourhood
- go window shopping
- love to attend seminars to learn more about myself and how I can help more students
- surf facebook though those applications are driving me crazy
- do online buying
- MSN chat
- attended schools and learnt the importance of making lots of friends so that they will save you lots of time when it comes to modelling copying assignments. ( Yes, I modeled my assignments from my friends in Uni as I make no sense out of the questions. Now I am not encouraging you to be like me as I modeled with understanding rather than blindly ... tsktsk...)
- Oh yes, those students who know me, I cant really spell ( I'm using spell check now). And sometimes, when I speak too fast, money become moneysssssss.
Now what's my point?
I am just like anyone on the streets!I ain't Albert Eisenstein, Pythagoras...
Some students thought that Math teachers are weirdos with no life, well maybe some are based on our perception of great Mathematics who are usually seen with real messy hair, doing nothing but coming out with more complicated I dont know how formulas. LOL
But I certainly don't fall in that category based on what I do ...
Question : Did you come out with any theorem?
Question : What is it?
Ans: alwaysLovely Theorem
Question : What's that?
Ans: "Math is all about knowing and applying the simplest strategies consistently, nothing simpler than this"
If you like me to post more about myself, leave me a comment to indicate.
"Tell me & I will know"